- until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese,
- sour cream, chilies, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining cumin.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the cheese sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Top with six tortilla halves, a third of the chicken mixture
- and a fourth of the cheese sauce. Repeat tortilla, chicken and
- cheese sauce layers twice. Top with remaining tortillas, cheese
- sauce and Mexican cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes
- longer or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 386 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.