- medium-high heat. Remove chicken to platter.
- In same skillet, cook and stir the onion, celery, pepper and
- mushrooms for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato
- paste, wine or water, herbs, garlic and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or
- until chicken is tender. Serve over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4-1/2 ounces cooked chicken equals 517 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.