Chicken Bruschetta Sandwiches
Regular bruschetta can be delightful, but rarely makes a meal. This appetizer-
inspired sandwich, on the other hand, is beautiful and also pleasantly filling. —Bette E. Giles, Dedham, Massachusetts
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing, divided
The salad dressing you love at Olive Garden is now available to use at home on salads, sandwiches, veggies and more!
See More Recipes >
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, onion and 1/2 cup
- dressing; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side
- or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining
- dressing. Layer each slice of toast with a chicken breast, cheese
- slice and tomato mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 517 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,233 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.