Chicken Broccoli Supper
Heather Oblinger of Gahanna, Ohio created this meal for two that doesn't require that you cook the chicken or macaroni first. "It's very easy to assemble," explains the newlywed.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, macaroni and cheese.
- Whisk the soup, broth, garlic powder and pepper; stir into chicken
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30 minutes. Stir; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until
- chicken is no longer pink and macaroni is tender. Let stand for 5
- minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese, reduced-fat reduced-sodium soup and reduced-sodium broth) equals 403 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.