- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until
- no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry broccoli in remaining
- oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add the
- water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and onions; cook 1-2 minutes longer
- or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.
- Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup stir-fry with 1/2 cup rice equals 316 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer