- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until
- chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken; slice and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, basil, salt and pepper. Stir
- in milk until smooth; add to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mushroom
- mixture. Spoon over chicken. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without pasta) equals 190 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.