Chicken 'n' Rice Salad
My duties as wife, mother and schoolteacher tend to keep me out of the kitchen. So this superbly simple salad comes in handy when dinnertime is fast approaching.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Prepare rice according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl,
- combine all ingredients except lettuce. Cover and chill until ready
- to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 368 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.