Chicken 'n' Noodles for Two
I discovered this recipe quite a few years ago. It's a fast and flavorful supper that's just the right size for us "empty-nesters". But it can be easily doubled for guests.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked dumpling egg noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground paprika
- In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients. Toss with chicken,
- noodles and peas. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. casserole; sprinkle
- with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 509 calories, 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.