Chicken 'n' Corn Bread Bake
Here's southern comfort food at its best! This casserole is delicious made with chicken or turkey. It's often on the menu when I cook for my husband, our four children and their spouses and our 10 grandkids.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups corn bread stuffing mix, divided
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, onion, celery and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender. Stir in 4 cups stuffing mix.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, soup and green onions.
- Spread over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mix; dot with
- Bake, uncovered, for 325° for 25-30 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 441 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 1,202 mg sodium,