Chicken 'n' Bean Tacos
These flavorful tacos are a wonderful change of pace from regular tacos. My family loves the combination of black beans, chicken and tomatoes.Wendy Hines, Chesnee, South Carolina
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- In a nonstick skillet, saute chicken, onion and garlic until juices
- run clear. Stir in beans, parsley, cumin and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese
- and tomatoes. Fold in half; serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: One taco equals 146 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.