Chicken, Bean and Rice Nachos
You can't go wrong with this slow-cooked sensation. Tender shredded chicken is matched up with black beans, Mexicorn, rice and cheese, then served with tortilla chips. When you're craving nachos but need more than a snack, this makes one zesty dinner.Barbara Schweitzer, Chesapeake, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salsa, beans and
- corn; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or
- until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Stir cream cheese into mixture until
- To serve, place rice in serving bowls; top with chicken mixture and
- cheese blend. Serve with chips.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without chips) equals 518 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.