Chicken & Vegetables with Mustard-Herb Sauce
Here’s an almost effortless recipe that makes a simply delicious, comforting chicken dinner. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 3 medium parsnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh baby carrots
- 4 chicken leg quarters (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup with herbs, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, place the potatoes, parsnips, leeks,
- carrots and chicken; pour soup over top. Cover and cook on low for
- 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and vegetables; cover and keep warm. Stir the parsley,
- dill and mustard into cooking juices; serve with chicken and
- vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken leg quarter with 1-1/2 cups vegetables and 1/3 cup sauce equals 469 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 33 g protein.