Chicken & Fruit Spinach Salads
Here’s a smart choice for busy nights! It takes 10 minutes to prepare and stops hungry tummies from growling in moments. Serve with whole grain rolls to round out the meal. —Jesse Klausmeier, Burbank, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- Divide spinach among four serving plates. Top with chicken, oranges,
- strawberries and onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with
- almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 223 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.