Chia Orange Yogurt
I love the sweet combination of vanilla and yogurt in the morning; it makes me feel like I'm eating dessert for breakfast. —Marion McNeill, Mayfield Heights, Ohio
1 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup orange segments, chopped
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the milk, oats, yogurt,
- marmalade, chia seeds and vanilla. Cover and shake to combine. Stir
- in orange segments. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 245 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.