Chewy Pecan Drops
The cherry center gives a festive look to my nutty cookies. They're easy to make and take to holiday gatherings.
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups ground pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 maraschino cherries, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine pecans, flour and 1 cup sugar; set aside. In
- a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add remaining
- sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in vanilla and half of
- the flour mixture. Fold in remaining flour mixture. Drop by rounded
- teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased foil-lined baking sheets.
- Top each with a cherry piece. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or
- until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely before removing
- from pans. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 79 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.