Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
With just a few simple ingredients from the pantry, you can whip up a batch o Olga Austin's sweet morsels in no Time! "It's such a yummy recipe," she notes from her Lodi, New Jersey kitchen. "Not only is it easy, it makes dozens without much fuss."
48 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 3 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Combine flour and
- baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Transfer to a large
- bowl; knead in oats.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass. Bake at 350° for
- 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: about 8 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 227 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.