These coconut cookies are lightly crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. "Sometimes I make them a bit larger so I can top them with a scoop of ice cream and some strawberry sauce," jots Herbert Borland from Des Moines, Washington.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla and salt on medium speed
- until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at time,
- beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto well-greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 25 minutes or just until golden brown.
- Immediately remove to wire racks. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 66 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.