Chewy Chocolate Logs
When I made these for our church Christmas bazaar, folks would snap them up within minutes. They're nice and soft like chocolate caramels but not sticky.
36 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter. Transfer to a
- bowl; add corn syrup, vanilla, 2 cups confectioners' sugar and milk
- powder. Mix well.
- Place remaining sugar on a clean surface; place dough on the surface
- and knead sugar into the dough until all of it is absorbed. Shape
- teaspoonfuls into 2-in. logs; wrap in waxed paper and twist ends.
- Refrigerate until firm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 71 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.