Serve wholesome granola over this thick, rich yogurt for a quick breakfast. Or layer it in a parfait glass with granola and fruit for something special. It will keep in the refrigerator for the week. Look for 100% cherry juice at the store, since the cocktail blends have added sugar. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups (32 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and quartered
- 1/2 cup cherry juice blend
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter
- and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover
- yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. Place
- yogurt in a small bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 147 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 reduced-fat milk, 1/2 fruit.