Cherry Yogurt Parfaits
"These attractive parfaits are a cool light finish to a meal," notes Pam Masters of Derby, Kansas. "Our two young children enjoy assembling them...and eating them, of course."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs, (about 5 whole crackers), divided
- Combine 1 cup pie filling and one cup of yogurt; place about 2
- tablespoons each in six parfait glasses. Top each with 1-2
- tablespoons of the graham cracker crumbs, about 2 tablespoons pie
- filling and about 2 tablespoons yogurt.
- Divide remaining cracker crumbs and pie filling/yogurt mixture
- between parfait glasses. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with nonfat yogurt, reduced-sugar pie filling and reduced-fat graham crackers) equals 218 calories, 192 mg sodium, 4 mg cholesterol, 45 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, 3 gm fat, 3 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.