Cherry Waldorf Salad
Field editor Marie Hattrup combines apples with cherries and cranberries to give a new twist to the classic Waldorf salad.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 large apples (about 1 pound), chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add the celery,
- cherries, cranberries and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, honey and salt
- until well blended. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 0 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.