Cherry Tomato Mozzarella Saute
Fast to fix and full of flavor, this warm, refreshing side dish makes the most of cherry tomatoes, pairing them with fresh mozarella cubes and seasoning the combination with thyme.
Pleasant Grove, Utah
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large skillet, saute shallots and thyme in oil until tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper;
- heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 129 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.