Cherry-Stuffed Pork Chops
Grilled pork chops have a lovely stuffing of couscous, cherries and seasonings in this quick and elegant main dish. Served with a salad, it’s perfect for special occasions, but speedy enough for everyday family suppers.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) couscous with toasted pine nuts
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut a
- deep slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Stir the cherries,
- brown sugar, butter and ginger into prepared couscous. Stuff 1/3 cup
- into each chop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with garlic powder
- and pepper.
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each
- side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed pork chop equals 401 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.