Cherry Rhubarb Jam
This tangy sweet spread is "jam-packed" with lots of cherry flavor, plus a hint of rhubarb. My mother gives jars of it to friends during rhubarb season—it's so delicious on toast and muffins. —Faye Sampson, Radcliffe, Iowa
80 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar; let stand for 1-1/2
- hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is
- tender. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir
- in pie filling and extract if desired. Transfer to jars; cool. Cover
- and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 28 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.