When sour cherries and red raspberries are in season, I always freeze some with this recipe in mind. I've been making jams and jellies for years, and friends and family agree this is the best I make.
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Process: 5 min.
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped or ground sour cherries (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups red raspberries
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine cherries and raspberries; stir in pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar;
- return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into
- hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air
- bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a
- boiling-water canner.
- Yield: 8 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 93 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.