Cherry Pineapple Cake
This recipe is fancy enough to serve to company. I love to serve with it with a dollop of whip cream.Elaine De Rue, Hilton, New York
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pitted tart red cherries, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in syrup, undrained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Spread cherries and pineapple with juice over the bottom of an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with nuts. Sprinkle dry
- cake mix over all. Pour butter evenly over cake mix.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool. Invert onto a serving plate. Cut
- into squares. Top with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-15
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 268 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.