Cherry Pineapple Bars
"These bars are a holiday favorite in our family," says Barbara McCollum, Waynesburg, Pennsylvania. "I crush the graham crackers by placing them in a plastic zippered bag and using one of my 78 rolling pins!"
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- 1 can (8 ounces) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice, drained and patted dry
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cherries,
- pineapple, vanilla chips, coconut and walnuts; drizzle with
- condensed milk.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool
- on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 239 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.