Cherry Mocha Balls
Meet the Cook: My mother-in-law gave me this recipe before my wedding (six children, now 16 to 4, ago!). I've made mocha balls nearly every Christmas since then. Because they freeze so well, I'll frequently bake some early and put them away to call on as last-minute holiday treats.
My husband is pastor of a country church. We live close by, 5 miles outside of town. I enjoy gardening, reading a
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup chopped red candied cherries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter. Gradually add sugar and vanilla; beat until
- light and fluffy. Stir together flour, cocoa, coffee and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture. Mix well. Stir in pecans and
- cherries. Chill dough for ease of handling if necessary.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 15 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool on wire
- racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 116 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.