"Our family loves this pretty, tasty dessert," writes Laurie Todd from Columbus, Mississippi. "It uses convenient pie filling, so you can make it in no timeand it takes just a few minutes to heat in the microwave."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- Combine the pie filling and lemon juice in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt.
- microwave-safe dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice;
- cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add walnuts.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly. Serve
- warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 567 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.