Cherry Cranberry Salad
Not a Christmas goes by that Deb Amrine doesn't fix this bright molded salad. "I've taken it to many holiday dinners, and everyone loves it--even people who don't usually enjoy cranberries," she reports from Grand Haven, Michigan.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice, undrained
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups diced apples
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine gelatin and sugar. Add water; stir until
- gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Stir in pineapple, cranberries,
- apples, celery and walnuts. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl; cover
- and refrigerate for 3-4 hours until set. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 173 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.