Cherry Cranberry Chutney
I found this recipe in a cookbook compiled by a friend’s quilting group. Try it with chicken—but don’t stop there. It’s good with turkey, ham, pork and venison, too.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or
- until celery is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts. Serve warm or at room
- temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup equals 159 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.