Cherry Chocolate Cookies
No one can resis the chewy texture of these fudgy cookies. I always double the recipe because they disappear quickly around our house.
Kim Williams, Fort Wayne, Indiana
39 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the
- flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 10-12
- minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 303 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.