Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These rich, fudgy cookies from Trisha Kruse in Eagle, Idaho are chewy and studded with tangy dried cherries. “It’s a good thing the recipe makes only a small batch,” she laughs, “because we eat them all in one night!”
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, milk and
- vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly
- coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or
- until firm. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack.
- Yield: 10 cookies.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 156 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,