Cherry Chip Cookies
Joan-Marie Gerth, Henderson, Nevada
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry baking chips
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and almond extract;
- mix well. Combine the flour, cornflakes and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips. Shape into 1-in. balls;
- place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Coat bottom of glass
- with cooking spray, then dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared
- glass, redipping in sugar as needed. Bake at 375° for 10-12
- minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 192 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.