Cherry-Chicken Pasta Salad
The Women in Mission group at my church always receives compliments for this sweet and savory salad.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash dried tarragon
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onions and cherries. Drain pasta
- and rinse in cold water; add to chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, salt, mustard, pepper
- and tarragon. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 525 calories, 32 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.