When I worked full-time and needed a quick dessert to take to a potluck or a friend's home, this pie was always the answer. You can substitute a graham cracker crust or use another type of fruit pie filling for a change of pace. Even the chilling time is flexible if you're in a big hurry.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 shortbread or graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in
- whipped topping; spoon into crust. Top with pie filling. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 464 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.