- until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; cover and let
- rest for 10 minutes. Roll out about 1/4 cup of dough into a rope
- about 8-9 in. long. Tie in a knot; tuck one end on top and the other
- end under bottom of knot. Repeat with remaining dough. Place in
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Make a deep depression
- in each roll.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar, lemon peel and
- vanilla. Spoon 1 tablespoon into each roll. Make an indentation in
- cream cheese filling; top each with 2 to 3 cherries from the pie
- filling (discard remaining cherry sauce or save for another use).
- Let rise until almost doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over
- kolaches. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 290 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.