- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about
- 1 hour.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and
- extract until smooth. Punch dough down and turn onto a lightly
- floured surface. Roll into a 14-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Spread cream
- cheese mixture evenly to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with
- cherries and almonds. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long
- side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends together
- to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside edge to two-thirds
- of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate strips
- slightly; twist to allow filling to show.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- from pan to a wire rack to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle
- over warm tea ring. Yield: 1 ring (12 slices).
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 375 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.