- pan. Flute edges to form a rim; prick bottom of crust. Bake at
- 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in
- eggs and vanilla. Stir in nuts. Spread over crust. Bake 10 minutes
- longer. Cool. Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Set cherries
- and juice aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in reserved
- juice until smooth. Add cherries. Cook and stir over medium heat
- until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter, extract and food coloring.
- Cool to room temperature; spread over cream cheese layer. Top with
- whipped cream and mint if desired. Yield: 10-12 slices.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 329 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.