Cherry Cheese Pie
I've been making this dessert for my husband and family for years. It mixes up in a jiffy!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar. Blend
- in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into
- crust; chill until set, at least 4 hours. Top with pie filling;
- chill until ready to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Variation: Instead of topping with fruit filling, fold chocolate chips into the cheesecake after adding whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 377 calories, 25 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.