Cherry-Barbecue Pork Ribs
This goof-proof recipe for lip-smacking ribs features microwave ease and smoky grilled flavor. You’ll love the jazzed-up barbecue sauce. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Place the ribs in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. In a small bowl,
- combine the orange juice, Liquid Smoke if desired, garlic powder and
- pepper; pour over ribs. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20
- minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves
- and molasses. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 2
- minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using
- long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill ribs,
- covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, basting
- with sauce and turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 301 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium,