Cherry Almond Pull-Apart Bread
I recommend these rolls as a sweet treat for Christmas or Easter morning, or whenever you have overnight guests. When my son and son-in-law visit, they devour them almost before they hit the table. They're so yummy, gooey and good.
20 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + rising
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 20 frozen bread dough dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, halved
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine
- the sugar and cinnamon. Dip 10 frozen dough rolls in butter, then
- roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the almonds and cherries.
- Repeat with remaining rolls, almonds and cherries. Combine corn syrup
- and remaining butter; pour over cherries. Cover and refrigerate
- Remove from the refrigerator. Cover and let rise until almost
- doubled, about 2 hours. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
- Yield: 20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 191 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.