Cheesy Zucchini Bake
This recipe was born out of frustration as to what I was going to do with a bumper crop of zucchini one year. It was an instant hit! Now I prepare this autumn casserole for church dinners and family gatherings.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine tomatoes, squash, seasonings and cheddar cheese. Place in a
- 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Top with the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and let stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 127 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.