Cheesy Wild Rice Soup
We often eat easy-to-make soups when there's not a lot of time to cook. I replaced the wild rice requested in the original recipe with a boxed rice mix to make it even faster.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 pound Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- In a large saucepan, prepare rice mix according to package
- directions. Add the milk, soup and cheese. Cook and stir until
- cheese is melted. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 464 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,492 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.