Cheesy Vegetable Soup
My husband doesn't care for much for tomatoes, so I created this recipe that features lots of delicious cheese. We really enjoy steaming bowlfuls on cold winter days with fresh-from-the-oven corn bread. - Robin Counce, Arvada, Colorado
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside. Add vegetables
- and water to the kettle; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add V8
- juice and the beef mixture; heat through. Add cheese; cook and stir
- until melted. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
The fastest way to peel potatoes is with a vegetable peeler. Be sure to cut off any eyes or green parts. Prevent diced potatoes from darkening before cooking by keeping hem covered with water.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 927 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.