Cheesy Vegetable Frittata
“My husband and I enjoy this tasty, colorful dish as much for light, late-night suppers as we do for brunch,” writes Pauline Howard from Lago Vista, Texas. “We often serve it with a side of fresh fruit.”
TIP: If you’re trying to cut carbs and fat from your diet, Pauline suggests making this recipe with EggBeaters.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a shallow 2-cup
- baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 frittata (prepared with egg substitute and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 143 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.