- tender. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the first four crust ingredients. Cut in butter
- until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough
- forms a ball. Divide in half. Roll out one portion to fit a 9-in.
- pie plate; place in plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of
- plate; fluted edges. Add filling. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Roll out remaining pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. With a 2-in. biscuit
- cutter, cut out circles; place over cheese, overlapping slightly.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 424 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.