Cheesy Tenderloin Strips
"My mother-in-law originally made this recipe with chicken," says Marjorie Miller of Haven, Kansas. "When I substituted pork and made several other revisions, my family reveled in the results! It's simple to prepare yet delicious."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1/2 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the
- crackers crumbs, cheeses, basil, salt and pepper. Dip pork in
- butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place on an ungreased foil-lined
- baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until juices run
- clear. Serve with marinara sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 402 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.