Cheesy Spanish Rice
This hearty rice can accompany chicken or beef-or stand alone as a tasty meatless entree. "It's quick, easy and delicious," notes Ann Wagenecht of Prophetstown, Illinois.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- In a skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the rice, soup,
- cheese, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish. cover and bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 711 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,959 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 39 g protein.