- 10-in. rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Spoon half of the
- sausage mixture lengthwise down one side of rectangle to within 1
- in. of edges.
- Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Cut four diagonal slits
- on top of stromboli. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Beat
- remaining egg; brush over loaves. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Slice;
- serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 370 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.